Slider

Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Letters to our Daughters

 I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful group of photographers and their project in documenting their journey as mothers. Please continue the circle by heading over to the fabulous Ashley Spaulding, you can read her letter here.


"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake." 
Henry David Thoreau

Miss Addy,

You are my dreamer, my child full of imaginary friends and endless conversations with yourself.  You love to continuously imagine that you are in a wild adventure. I remember being your age and playing outside for hours, building kingdoms for the "roly polies" or pretending that the grass was the lava. I remember always wanting to grow up and talking about becoming bigger.  

Now I am bigger and while my life is full of lots of beautiful things, I miss those simple moments of my childhood.  Where all that I thought about was that moment I was experiencing right then.  I hope that you will keep that imagination and your sweet innocence for as long as your little heart wants.  Perhaps you will carry a little bit of that never ending ability to find happiness and fun with you as an adult. 

Thank you for reminding me that sometimes it isn't about what I need to get done that day and more about making memories and enjoying that moment with you!  

Love, Mom






5 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous color palette and beautiful words! <3

Joy said...

Darling images, I LOVE that first one! Your letter is so sweet, as well.

Heather Taylor Photography said...

So beautiful, Steph, both the letter and the photographs!

Crystal Hardin said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful words and images. I love everything about these - the colors, the warmth - her sweet spirit seems to shine right through.

Skip & Angela said...

Such a pretty little miss! Love it!!