Slider

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Letters to our daughters

I am so excited to be a part of this wonderful group of photographers and their project in documenting their journey as mothers. Please continue the circle by heading over to the fabulous Erin Konrath you can read her letter here.


Claire Bear and Addy,

Did I ever tell you of the time you, miss Addy, explained to me that Claire's name was not Claire but in fact Claire Bear and that your name was not Addison, that it was only Addy.  I tried to explain to you those were just nicknames, but to this day you still call Claire, Claire Bear.  

You instantly connected with your little sister from the moment we brought her home, you often lure her into your room and then shut the door so she can't get out so she will play with you and sure enough the first siblings name she said was, "Addy."

I got lucky, I had my two boys back to back and then you two girls.  It has been fun to do everything in pairs.  I started off mommyhood with trains and cars and all things boy and have quickly adapted to princesses and kitchen.  These are not things I can teach you, it is inherently part of your sweet little spirits and it has been so amazing to watch those traits come out. 

I hope that in spite of the teenage fights, you two will surely have, that you can both remember how lucky you are to have a sister.  Nothing quite compares :)

Love, Mommy








2 comments:

Ashley Spaulding said...

What a sweet sister bond they share!!

Crystal said...

I love hearing words and seeing images that reflect the bond between sisters. It is such a fascinating and lovely connection! Beautiful captures.